Sales managers: what should they be managing?

In my previous blog I talked about CRM for sales management and the challenges sales managers face; how their role should embrace not only being the best sales manager, but also to motivate other sales people and be a professional mentor. I also covered the challenges in retaining talented sales people. So how can changes in your CRM system help sales managers manage better?

Read more

CRM for sales management: making sales managers better

Given my passion for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), perhaps it’s not surprising that it puzzles me when people don’t understand all the benefits that a CRM system can bring. Whilst some emphasise how CRM can drive marketing and sales, others focus on improving customer service, retention and profitability. With so many good reasons to invest in CRM, what’s missing? In my experience, a well-implemented CRM system should deliver management discipline, structure and professionalism – but sadly, this is often not the case. The view seems to be that CRM is for everybody else and that management can continue as before.

Read more

Are web-based CRM systems a popular choice for small businesses?

The trend towards adopting web-based Customer Relationship Management systems is on the rise, particularly for small businesses. The reasons are many and varied but mainly point towards the increasing availability of affordable and customisable online CRM systems, suited for the small business market. On-premise CRM solutions often require significant upfront financial investment as well as installation and maintenance costs – something mainly larger companies can better afford. 

Read more

Things to consider when selecting CRM for IT Directors – part 1

Choosing CRM for IT directors: The before, during and after Part 1 – The Before So your organisation has made the decision to leap into CRM (or change your existing system) – what can you do in order to make it a pleasurable experience for your users? The CRM marketplace is now so mature that we can safely assume that these days most CRM systems have about 80% of the same functionality. It is the remaining 20% of functionality that may determine which CRM system you opt for, coupled with, perhaps, your great faith in the CRM vendor that you

Read more