IP address lookup
Collier Pickard uses third parties to provide us with information about visitors to our website. Your IP address is therefore recorded when you visit our website, which will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available data e.g. sole traders.
Website cookies and link tracking
Cookies are small text files that store Internet settings. Cookies provide us with important site functionality to make your experience when visiting our website easy, for example, by not repeatedly having to re-enter information. Cookies also allow us to see which webpages you have visited and what links you have clicked on. If you provide us with personal data, for example, when completing a web-form or requesting a document-download, we may associate this personal data with other information. This allows us to identify, record and provide you with information that is most relevant to you. By using your browser controls, you are always in control of the cookies that we store and access on your computer.
Informing you about our products and services
By submitting any or all of your details such as first name, last name, company, email address and telephone number you are consenting to one or all of the following:
- For one of our representatives to get in touch with you if you requested such contact
- That you will receive the particular piece of information that you requested
- For us to email you appropriate and useful communications. This includes, but is not limited to:
- invitations to our webinars and events
- our sales and marketing collateral, for example, eBooks, case studies, whitepapers, guides, reports, infographics, videos, blogs
- promotional offers on software and services
- information on software updates, new releases and software enhancement products
- developments with Collier Pickard
- important information pertaining to our working relationship with you e.g. special opening hours during holiday seasons
You can update your communication preferences via our Preference Centre, which is located in the footer of sales, marketing and technical emails that you receive from us.
Use of Information
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the General Data Protection Act (GDPA). All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. Should you wish to obtain your account details, we may require you to provide additional forms of identity.
There are different types of cookies: session cookies, persistent (or permanent) cookies and third-party cookies. We use a combination of all three cookies.
- Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the website. They expire at the end of a browser session
- Persistent cookies are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions and allow our website to recognise you as a repeat visitor when you return. They can be removed on a pre-determined expiry date or when deleted by you
- Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than our own and typically serve the purpose of collecting certain information on behaviour, demographics etc.
Google Analytics Cookies
Google Analytics is a website monitoring tool that allows users to track volumes, activities and source of website visitors over time. This can help users analyse how their website content is viewed and navigated. Collier Pickard uses such data from Google Analytics, which helps us optimise our webpages and content, along with marketing activities that help drive traffic to the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about website visitors, but it does use persistent cookies to identify repeat visitors. You may choose to opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following link – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Email Marketing – Click-Through Tracking Cookies
We may include tracked links in our email campaigns. These cookies are used to report on webpages that have been viewed by visitors. This analysis helps us understand content-viewing behaviour by the contacts in our database and therefore allows us to monitor and improve future campaigns to those contact’s specific areas of interest.
You always have the option to remove yourself from our mailing list or modify what type of mailings you receive from us by clicking on the Preference Centre link in the footer of sales, marketing and technical emails that you receive from us.
We do not disclose any personal information about you to third parties except when it is directly related to your particular need (for example, when submitting your details with a software vendor for lead-registration, purchasing software or services and/or software maintenance/renewal) or if required to do so by law or regulatory authorities. Disclosure to commercial third parties is done in order to complete particular transactions and to ensure a smooth working relationship with you.
Legitimate Interest Assessment
We process information under GDPR consent rules based on “Legitimate Interest”. View our Legitimate Interest Assessment here.
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
Changes to this Policy